Terms & Conditions
Complete an application form and provide us with the details of all your Credit Providers. (Consultations are usually done telephonically and by e-mail, but can also be done in person.)
- We determine whether you are over-indebted, in other words, does your monthly expenses exceed your monthly income? (You have to be over-indebted to qualify for Debt Review.)
- If you are over-indebted, we shall inform all your Credit Providers and the Credit Bureaus that you are under Debt Review. Your Credit Providers will also be requested to provide us with a Certificate of Balance (COB) in respect of your accounts. (You will immediately start to pay a single provisional reduced monthly installment in respect of all your Credit Providers which will be affordable to you.
- During the first 60 working days, legal action may not be taken against you in respect of the debts that are under review.)
- After receiving all the COB’s, we will restructure your payment plan and negotiate with your Credit Providers where necessary. After negotiations with your Credit Providers, your new restructured payment plan will be sent to all your Credit Providers and this payment plan will take effect. (Your restructured payment plan will reduce your monthly debt repayments to an affordable amount, leaving you with sufficient money for your living expenses.)
- You complete an application form and provide us with the details of all your Credit Providers. (Consultations are usually done telephonically and by e-mail, but can also be done in person.)
All your payments will be made to a Payment Distribution Agency (PDA) who will distribute your money according to your debt restructuring plan. The PDA that we are using is accredited by the National Credit Regulator and is the biggest of its sort in South Africa.
Provision is made for your Debt Counselling fees in your debt restructuring plan, ensuring that you will at all times only be making one affordable monthly payment towards your Credit Providers and your Debt Counselling fees.
We will provide you with monthly after care and monitor your payments to the PDA.
Once you have satisfied all your debt obligations, we will issue you with a Clearance Certificate and advise all the Credit Bureaus, who will then remove your Debt Review status from their records and you will be able to apply for credit again.